We’re always on the look out for great people to join our team so if you think you’d fit here at Street we’d love to hear from you.
If you’re energetic, hard working, motivated and looking for a job in the photographic world then Street could be the place for you.
Assistant Studio Manager
Working under our Studio Manager, you will assist in the day to day running of the Studio.
- Welcoming, friendly and professional manner.
- Excellent customer service.
- Calm and adaptable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A team player with solid communication skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic, takes the initiative and sees a task through to completion.
- To be well organised and to look for tasks to complete.
- Experience coordinating a team.
- Practical and hands-on approach.
- Knowledge of photographic equipment
- To meet our client's needs, and deliver a high standard of customer service is maintained.
- At all times, act in a professional, calm, welcoming and responsible manner, adhering to Street Studios policy and ethos.
- Ensure effective communication with other team members and staff
- To assist the Studio Manager with the management and training of assistants, lead by example and complete all jobs to a high standard.
- Ensure and take pride in excellent presentation of studios.
- To complete day to day admin tasks.
- Responsible for opening/closing of the building, reporting any alarm or security issues to the studio manager or managing director.
- Ensure all health and safety rules are followed, reporting any incidents to the Studio Manager/Managing Director.
- Maintain a safe and tidy environment across the site.
- Assist the studio team with basic maintenance tasks.
To apply please send your CV and a short cover letter explaining how you meet the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
Closing date 7th May 21
- Motivated, enthusiastic, and a positive outlook
- Flexible, and able to commit to long hours
- Confident with a varied and physically demanding role
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work well independently and as team
- Great attention to detail
- Experience in customer service or hospitality roles is a preference
- Knowledge of photographic lighting is desirable, although training can be provided
- Reporting to Studio Manager and Assistant Studio Manager
- Looking after clients and studios throughout the day, ensuring they receive an excellent standard of service and that their needs are met.
- Preparing and cleaning studios to the required standards
- Carrying out basic maintenance tasks and using power tools where needed. (Training will be provided)
- Covering the reception desk - answering phone calls and directing callers to the relevant department
- Handling photographic equipment